The Saskatchewan Public Safety Agency (SPSA) is reminding all residents that with the warmer temperature and dry conditions the wildfire risk across the province can change quickly.
Saskatchewan currently has seven active wildfires, two are contained and five under assessment.
Residents are encouraged to take extra care using the following tips:
• Check for fire bans in the area
• Dispose of cigarettes and matches correctly
• Teach children not to play with matches or fire
• Float and stir campfire coals
• Don’t use machines or tools that may cause sparks
If you need to have a control burn:
• Check that there is no fire ban in the municipality
• Call 1-866-404-4911 before you start
• Have fire guards in place where you plan to burn
• Pay attention to the weather, don’t burn in hot, dry and windy conditions
• Have access to hoses, fire extinguishers and a water source
For updates regarding fire bans visit saskpublicsafety.ca